Personal Data Protection Policy (for Patient)(Revised 16 November 2018)
This is the personal data protection policy of Singapore O&G Ltd. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Singapore O&G Ltd and all the clinics under the group.
We are committed to data protection and will follow this policy and comply with all data protection and confidentiality obligations imposed by the law including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) and Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act (Cap. 248) of Singapore.
What type of personal data is collected
Under this policy, personal data refers to information that can be used to identify aperson. Examples of personal data include but are not limited to the following: your name, date of birth, gender, contact details (including address, email address, telephone numbers), NRIC, FIN or passport number, nationality, your image on our close-circuit television (CCTV) and in photographs, your medical history, allergy information and any other medical records.
Should you provide the personal data of other people such as your next-of-kin or other family members, it is deemed that you have obtained the consent of the said party to our collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data for the purposes outlined in this policy.
Our reasons for collection, use and disclosure of personal data
We collect, use and disclose personal data for the following purposes:
- Medical Care
- Provision of outpatient and inpatient medical treatment and services
- Management and coordination of your care including clinic follow-upand other issues related to the continuity of care
- Processing of appointments, bookings, admissions, referrals and discharge
- Processing and collecting payment for treatment and services
- Reimbursement of healthcare providers for services provided to you
- Verification of identity and conduct of screenings, due diligence checks and credit checks
- Responding to queries or feedback
- Provisions to allow us to address and investigate any claims or disputes
- Compliance with internal policies
- Complying with our legal obligations and requirements
- Business Operations
- For the safety and security of our premises
- For business analytics and planning purposes
- For the review of our services and to ensure continual care
- Marketing and Promotion
- With your consent, your data may be shared with our partners for the purposes of marketing and promotion
- Telemarketing messages will not be sent to your contact number unless we have your recorded permission to do so.
- Photography and CCTV (closed-circuit television)
- Photographs, videos and/or sound recording may be captured in our premises from time to time and there is a chance that you may be captured in such photographs and recordings.
- The photographs and/or recordings may be used in our publications, websites and other communication channels that can include third party media
- For the interest of security, CCTV is operation on our premises
- Any other purposes relating to or arising out of the above
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties, who may be located in Singapore or elsewhere to achieve the purposes outlined in the policy. The third parties include but are not limited to the following:
- Doctors and other healthcare professionals who are treating or have treated you
- Our respective partners for the provision of products and services that are requested by you or for the conducting of marketing/promotions with your expressed consent
- Third parties that you’ve used to obtain our services such as insuranceagencies, medical concierges
- Other healthcare providers, facilities or agents where the sharing of information is required for disclosure permitted by law
- National registers and databases that document various conditions and treatments where required and permitted for disclosure by the law
- Any person who is involved in your care or payment for your care (including a family member, friend or your caregiver or caregiving organisation) and any person that has been authorised by you to be contacted
We may also collect, use and disclose personal data where required or permitted by law for any purpose.
Retention of personal data
Your personal data will be retained for a reasonable amount of time in accordance with our business and legal policies.
How to contact us
If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal data or any aspect of this policy, please contact our SOG Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments and updates
This policy will be amended from time to time and will be made available via the SOG website www.sog.com.sg. The latest policy will be enforced each time personal data is collected, used or disclosed.